BAPERN and Dispatch Best Practices Training
Hosted by Carver Police Department
The Greater Boston Police Council (GBPC) is pleased to announce the availability of critical BAPERN training for 911 Dispatch Personnel, Police Officers and Supervisors.
Purpose. GBPC is conducting an introductory training session for officers and dispatch personnel to provide instruction and information on how to properly access and use the BAPERN network. The purpose of this training is to advise agencies and their personnel of the benefits and capabilities of BAPERN, the procedures for accessing and using BAPERN, and the GBPC policy and procedure relevant to BAPERN use.
- Introduce dispatch personnel to the BAPERN system, including an explanation of the Southeast District Channel and the BAPERN Area Wide Channels.
- Explain the benefits of BAPERN, citing practical examples, and describe effective uses of BAPERN.
- Review the BAPERN Channel Plan and discuss scenarios for using the Area-Wide and District Channels.
- Review Best Practices for Police Dispatchers and 911 Call Takers
- Provide an overview of the BAPERN infrastructure and coverage.
- Explain the BAPERN policy and procedures, including monitoring and roll call requirements.
Who Should Attend:
Following this training, attendees will be able to use the provided training documentation to instruct additional dispatch personnel.