Saturday, April 20, 2024

Animal Control

The Animal Control officer (ACO) responds to all calls relating to animals. These calls can include investigating reports of injured, abused, and neglected animals. Yearly barn inspections as well as complaints about nuisance animals. The town utilizes two Animal Control Officers  that are on call. An ACO can be reached at 508-866-3444. If you reach their voicemail, please leave them a message with your name, telephone number, address, and problem. If your animal complaint involves a human life in danger, call 911 immediately. For non-emergencies, please call the police station 508-866-2000 and a dispatcher can attempt to assist you.

*NOTE- The Town of Carver does not currently have an animal shelter.

Please find these helpful links if you are in need of finding a shelter, reporting a injured wild animal, lost or found cats, or nuisance removal:


Standish Humane Society

622 Congress St Duxbury, MA 02332

(781) 834-4663

Injured Wild Animal- 

Environmental Police

1 Trowbridge Rd Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

(508) 759-0002

Lost/Found Cats
(508) 586-2053
Standish Humane
(781) 834-4663

Nuisance Removal
For the removal of wild animals please search your local yellow pages for nuisance removal agencies. Examples would include an animal that has become caught underneath your porch or a bat that has become stuck in a chimney.

For further information please visit the town’s website here or contact the ACO 508-866-3444

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *